Pasta, oh pasta. I know I have confessed my love for it before. Waist-lines beware… I can never give up pasta. Mac and Cheese has to be one of my favorite preparations of pasta. I would eat it every.single.day. Velveeta mac and cheese? Check. Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese? LOVE. Seafood Mac and Cheese? sign me up! The list goes on and on. Recently I found myself with some rotisserie chicken in the fridge and decided to give BBQ Chicken Mac and Cheese a chance, and it did not disappoint.
BBQ Chicken Mac and Cheese
The ULTIMATE comfort food! Easy, short-cut mac and cheese to satisfy any craving!
Toppings: more BBQ sauce, siracha, breadcrumbs
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Heat oven-proof skillet to medium-high heat. Add butter.
- Once butter is melted, whisk in flour. Whisk continually for 1-2 minutes so flour doesn’t burn. It will form clumps.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth. Stir for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in chicken tossed in BBQ sauce, spinach, pasta.
- Top with more BBQ sauce, siracha and breadcrumps
- Broil until golden brown. Serve immediately.
This recipe is courtesy of The Couple That Makes