Well it’s December, so we are officially in the most wonderful time of the year! I love Christmas as much as anyone else. However to me, the lead up to Christmas is better than the big day. Christmas music and lights fill the air, the smell of fresh pine when you walk into any home, drinking wine by the tree with Elf playing in the background… Divine. And even though Thanksgiving is THE FOOD HOLIDAY, Christmas is still heavy on the food too! So today I am bringing you an easy app that is definitely a crowd-pleaser. My family makes this for almost every holiday and gathering. So I thought it would be perfect for the season of all.the.parties!
Flaky crescents, creamy ranch, fresh veggies make this app a definite crowd-pleaser!
- 8 oz package Seamless Crescent Dough
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 5 oz plain greek yogurt (1 small yogurt)
- 1 dried ranch salad dressing mix
- 1.5 cups broccoli
- 1.5 cups carrots
- Preheat oven to 375
- Lay out seamless crescent dough on silicone mat or parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- PREP RANCH SPREAD: Either using stand mixer or electric hand mixer, add cream cheese, greek yogurt and ranch mix to bowl. Beat until smooth and combined.
- PREP VEGGIES: add broccoli florets to microwave safe bowl with a splash of water, top with saran wrap, poke a few holes, then microwave for 45 seconds. Remove and Drain. Then in separate batches, add carrots and broccoli to food processor and pulse until finely minced.
- Spread ranch mixture on cooled dough, then top with broccoli and carrots.
- Refrigerate until serving. Can be stored up to 4 days in the fridge.