With summer right around the corner (kidding, it’s March and I’m cold, but dreaming of summer days), I’ve been trying to eat healthier. I like to consider us semi-healthy eaters, but sometimes you can still lighten it up. Ok, so there is still cheese and wine in this, and some may not consider it health food… but at least I am replacing a big side of cheesy pasta, with zucchini. Ok? BABY STEPS! Either way, this is delicious. So I am pretending it’s healthy despite serving it with a side of garlic bread…
One Pan Italian Chicken and Zucchini
One Pan Italian Chicken and Zucchini is a light and refreshing meal, with easy clean up!
- 2 chicken breasts, slice in half and pounded thin
- Garlic Salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 425o
- Season chicken breasts liberally with garlic salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook for approx. 2 minutes per side, or until browned (we aren’t cooking it fully now). Remove to plate.
- Add minced garlic and zucchini to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Saute 3-4 minutes, until zucchini is slightly softened. Remove to plate.
- De-glaze pan with wine. Add italian herbs. Simmer a couple minutes, making sure to scrape up bits on bottom of the pan.
- Add zucchini and chicken back into pan. Top chicken with marinara sauce and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with mozzarella cheese and broil until cheese is melted and golden brown.